Monday, August 30, 2010

Measuring is important...

Because before you know it, you've dumped your entire 1 pound box of pasta into the water to boil instead of just the two cups the recipe calls for. I did this. Last night. I ended up fishing out the pasta that I didn't need and refrigerating it. I felt a little silly, but I don't want to waste anything. That box of pasta cost a whole dollar yesterday. It may be one of the best whole wheat penne pasta buys in recent history.

I was boiling it to make an easy basked pasta recipe from this month's Shape magazine. The one with Kristen Stewart looking flawless. So this recipe calls for 3 cups of diced tomatoes. Have you ever diced enough tomatoes to get 3 cups. Let's just say that since my knife skills aren't super stellar it took me a while. But the end result was pretty good. I had some for dinner tonight (I was thoughtfully trying to prepare for the week). Well you can judge from the looks of it.

This is a picture of the picture in the magazine:

This is a picture of my entree:
 
Not bad right!? Well it tasted as good as it looked. I guarantee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment