Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Week 5 of Couch to 5K

I'm still here. Still plodding along and actually in the midst of week 6, but wanted to catch up on week 5.

Before I do that though, thank you to those with the encouraging words!  I am signed up for a 5k- Light the Night for Prevent Blindness at SeaWorld of San Antonio.  (Maybe it will be flatter than my neighborhood? A girl can hope!)

So for week 5, I kept it real and went outdoors to my neighborhood.  However, let's remember that when the zombie apocalypse hits I'm never leaving my house.  (It will be like that house on The Walking Dead with perpetual electricity.) 

With my chosen route it seems like the walking warm-up ends and my jogrun (that's what I'll call it from now on) always starts when the road starts curving uphill.  Seriously, you can do a loop in my neighborhood and go uphill both ways. So if the zombies chase me uphill maybe I'll outlast them.  (Does anyone outlast a zombie?)

Basically I averaged a 16.85 minute mile, or 3.56 mph. I used mapmyrun.com to track all of this
Day 1 looked liked this: 37 minutes, 2.21 miles, the max run was 5 minutes at a time (3x).
Day 2 went a little like this: 35 minutes, 2 miles, the max run was 8(!!) minutes at a time (2x).
Day 3 was the biggun': 32 minutes, 1.96 miles, but I did 20 minutes nonstop!!

Total mileage for the week: 6.17 miles
Grand total for all 5 weeks: 29.14 miles

I'm making it through week 6 right now.  Obviously I don't have any real speed at this point. Right now my mileage and times are pretty close to week 5, but I keep going and going and going.  This week I've been tracing the alphabet with my foot to stretch things out and try to avoid the shin splints that tried to creep into my legs.

Trying to remember the following:
Found on pinterest of course.




No comments:

Post a Comment