Sunday, September 25, 2011

First day to 5K

You read that correctly.  Today I did the first run in my now 9-week goal to being able to run a 5K. I download the mps from this Podrunner Intervals website here. So in just over 29  minutes I did 1.75 miles on the treadmill at the gym at an incline of 1.  After my cool down, my average speed was 3.79 mph. 

But let's get it straight, I just want to be able to run without feeling like a fish out of water.  Or even jog. I think this image pretty much sums it up. 


Found on Pinterest and pinned from here

Today was rough towards the end, but it felt good to do it.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I am sure we will be running together in no time. Good for you! Let's find a 5k to run when you get ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement! We'll talk when the finish line is in sight. :)

    ReplyDelete