Sunday, August 21, 2011

The big 3-0!

I started this blog a year ago tomorrow.  It was the day after my 29th birthday and I was having that last year of my twenties anxiety that seems to float around. Well, the year was amazing and this weekend we celebrated with a trip to South Padre Island. (Thanks to my free birthday day off from work!!)

The beach was awesome. The weather was gorgeous and the sun beat us into the cool ocean with its unbelievable heat.
Naturally, we had mimosas! We keep things classy with the strawberry garnish!
But we know how to have fun while on vacation too!
The amazing view from our amazing condo!
Justin's big beer and my sampler beer at Padre Island Brewing Company.
Birthday Bar-B-Q lunch at Van's on the way back from SPI.
I think the best Bar-BQ joint sausage I've ever had.
Homemade Chocolate Pecan Pie from my awesome friend and neighbor.
Other highlights:
  • Tossing the Frisbee on the beach.
  • Seeing what we thought were baby sharks in the water. (Highlight cause I'll never forget it.)
  • Awesome Friday night Fajitas.
  • A beautiful homemade birthday dinner by Justin: Wedge salad with blue cheese and bacon crumbles, Filet Mignon and shrimp with a Gorgonzola cream sauce, roasted asparagus and broccoli, oven baked macaroni and cheese, and an awesome chocolate cake with a fun frosting I picked out.  I was too busy eating to take pics of all of this awesomeness. 
  • Fun with Friends.
  It was a super fun weekend! I'm definitely stoked for the all the fun to come in the next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment