Sunday, May 1, 2011

Springtime in Paris-Day 1…


Justin I were lucky enough to spend 6 days in Paris (April 1-April 6)before we then spent 5 days in Rome (April 7-April 11).

Paris was amazing. Even if I was cranky from lack of sleep and dehydration for the first 2 days.  But I was in Paris with (I’m gonna get gushy here) the love of my life and how can one be cranky under such awesome circumstances? A pounding headache that I worked hard to ignore and so on Day One we did the following:
-Landed
-Got into our cute studio apartment on the true 4th floor of the building- ground entrance= level zero
-Walked the 300 meters from our apartment to the Louvre

-Did Rick Steve’s awesome free audio tour  of the Louvre, which hit the highlights
Mona Lisa!
-Wandering down towards the Opera to get our first taste of Paris for lunch
-Walked the length of the Tuileries to check out the Concorde Obelisk
-Went to Musée de l'Orangerie and saw some awesome panaromic paintings of Monet water lilies 0800

 -Went to Musée d’Orsay (an amazing building that used to be a train station) and saw some wonderful post-impressionistic pieces from Van Gogh.

Then we went back to the apartment and got there at about 5:30. Justin went to the restroom. I laid down on the couch (which was covered up when the Murphy bed was pulled down) and the next thing I knew I woke up wondering where I was and why Justin was asleep on the floor. He hadn’t wanted to disturb me and was apparently wiped out enough to also pass out where ever his body landed. 

We woke up hungry and went in search of something yummy.  Ended up at Café Des Intitiés.

 Our meal started was some delicious escargot   

Justin had veal:

I had a hamburger with some awesomely sautéed and salted fois gras. It. Was. Outstanding. 

We shared some wine. And ended the dinner with a delicious crème brûlée.

With full tummies and the need to rest up for the next day- a trip to Versailles- we went home and passed out- this time we both got a comfy spot on the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment