Sunday, February 6, 2011

South Central Texas Snow Day

Those I know that blog and blogged about the snow day did it yesterday (here and here). I managed to post some pictures on Facebook and that was about it.  So I am going to talk about it now.

We woke up at about 7:15 (about 30 minutes earlier than we normally do) and from the bed could see the snow.  Justin got out of bed, grabbed the nice camera and Wookie! and went out.  I grabbed my phone camera and plopped down on a chair in the living room that offers a good view of the backyard (I did not feel the need to go out in it- I lived in Ohio until I was 8 and have done the whole walking to school in the snow thing). 

Wookie!'s excitement was really unbelievable.  He loved it out there with the snow. He tried to eat some, but mostly was interested in playing and running around. Here are some of the best shots of Friday morning.
Our backyard after the snow and before Wookie! hit it.

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! (In my head Wookie! speaks in all caps like 99% of the time)

MY STICK FRIEND!

IT GOES EVERYWHERE WITH ME!

I"M COMING TO GET YOU!


First I must sniff this.

Oh yeah, I was COMING TO GET YOU!

Oh wait, what's this?

I'M A BLURRY BALL OF ENERGY!!!

The view from our front door.

The house from the street. Don't judge the Christmas lights. We do what we can.
We went to the dog park later in the day and we were not the only people who thought it might be good to finally get out there and let the animals run free.  Along the way though we did see enough abandoned cars to tell us what might have been had we tried to go to the office earlier in the day.  Yeah- we only got at most a 1/2" of snow, but what lay beneath was likely some ice that was way more treacherous.  I think our bosses made the right call in letting us stay home that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment