Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hoot Who?

It was cute.  Last night I was using hootsuite while watching the State of the Union address (#sotu for those tweeters out there).  Justin looked at my screen and was like what the heck is that...
This is what he saw (this is only columns 1 through 4, it took up my whole screen and has a horizontal scroll)

And I explained to him:
"Column 1 has feeds I follow.
Column 2 is the stream for #sotu (the keyword/hashtag so I can see what everyone says about it).
Column 3 has tweets that mention me.
Column 4 has direct messages to me.
Column 5 (which you can't see here) has tweets I've sent out. 

I really only have to pay attention to columns 1, 2 and 3 right now. "

He just looked at me and said, " I'm glad I don't have to worry about that."

Like anything else you get used to it.  Just like the new Facebook profile and the yearly update to the iPod line up.  Technology waits for no (wo)man.

No comments:

Post a Comment